New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Hasta Ver, MTC...... Georgia, Be My Valentine?

My Dearest Humans,

T minus 3 days folks. I'm about to finally leave the Missionary Training Center campus after almost 6 weeks! Wow, what an incredible journey it has been here in Provo as I have prepared to head to Georgia. I've been beyond blessed to meet the two most wonderful Hermanas this MTC has ever seen, my companions Hermana Paskins and Hermana Esplin. It is weird to think after almost 6 weeks of being with each other constantly, we are about to go our separate ways. We grew in the Gospel together and shared in the journey of learning Spanish. We've had piggy-back races in the Residence Halls, smashed pinatas to pieces, munched on popcorn, killed it in volley ball, sang our hearts out everyday, and let balloons go in other Hermana's rooms to scare them. San Diego, California and Des Moines, Iowa are getting two wonderful women. I'm excited for this next phase of my mission, but I will miss my companions and my district. 

This week filled my cup. The Spirit constantly touched my heart as I prepare to leave the MTC to go find those in search of something more. In search of Christ. In search of the peace the Gospel brings. One of our teachers showed us pictures from her mission and told us stories about a few of the people she met and taught. I admit my eyes got a wee misty simply thinking of the people I will meet; those who I will help come unto Christ. I continually think of my purpose: Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo, al ayudarlas a que reciben el Evangelio restaurado mediante la fe in Jesucristo y Su Expiacion, el arrepentimiento, el bautismo, la recepcion del don del Espiritu Santo, y el perseverar hasta el fin. 

In field Orientation was all day Thursday. It consisted of a large group overview then we broke off into smaller groups to address certain topics. Basically, some returned missionaries and the MTC presidency got together and compiled everything they thought we needed to know for the field that we hadn't already covered yet. The main topics were Planning, Working with Members, and Using Family History plus some other things we went over. It was full of role-plays and practices... IN ENGLISH. My district was overjoyed when we learned that the entire orientation would be in English since it was for all missionaries leaving this coming week, not just Spanish speaking ones. I have to say, it felt a little odd sharing the message of the Gospel in English.... hopefully that means my Spanish has gotten better :)

Also... Nuh nuh nuh nuh, nuh nuh nuh nuh, hey hey hey, goodbye.... to my long hair. JK, I only cut off about 3 inches (though it feels pretty short). Making use of the free haircuts the MTC offers. Honestly this week was a lot of Spanish/Gospel class and not any random fun stories happened. I am sorry folks, for once my life was normal. 

I love y'all so much and pray you find yourself joyful and well this week! Thanks for all the emails, I LOVE hearing from you :)

Con Amor, 

Hermana Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment