New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Every street is named Peach-something...

Hey Everyone!

Coming from the cold tundra of Utah, the weather Georgia has is marvelous. So marvelous. I don't think I'll be saying that in a few months once the humidity hits, but for now... I LOVE 65-75 degree weather! 

This week has been full of ups and downs---with the language, with people, with myself. I am beyond grateful for an understanding Savior who walks this road right beside me.

So, every week we have a District Meeting and for my very first one I was asked to give a 5-10 minute training on Charity and Love. Ok, a few things A) 5-10 minutes is IN NO WAY ENOUGH TIME to even sort of cover that topic B) Thank goodness it was in English C) I am SO grateful for FFA and the facilitation background it provided me D) In our District there are 3 companionships, two sets of Elders and one set of sisters (me and Hermana Ewell). It went well! I picked a couple points of my topic and expounded on those. Plus, an Elder in a different district dropped a box of donuts off. Yes. 

I taught Bible Class on Wednesday. In Spanish. Now, did anyone understand me? Mmmmm... LOL... good question. Not quite sure of how much they understood from me, but the Spirit is the true teacher and I'm grateful for its guiding presence in our discussion of 2 Samuel. The other Elders and my companion said I did great and that people got what I was saying, sooo... better than nothing! 

Hermana Ewell had some type of 24 hour bug this week, so we spent one day in our apartment. While she rested, I studied. Even though it was disappointing to be indoors and not out sharing the Gospel, it was honestly a tender mercy of the Lord to spend a day simply learning more of Him. Part of my studies included reading the talk "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox. Read it (the full version). Oh my goodness it is marvelous. Marvelous is an understatement. It puts so simply what Grace is, and how it can help to transform us. I know that Christ lives! And that the Atonement for the sins of the world was not a 'favor' He did for us, but an investment He made in us. He desires us to become like Him, in our thoughts and actions and we can do that through using the gift of the Atonement. How can we better be His hands here on this earth? How can we better do what He asks? 

At church yesterday I found I was able to understand quite a bit of what was being said! The Gift of Tongues is slowly taking hold! Still can't understand everything, but hey, progress is progress. A less active member named Juana (she's from Guatemala and in her mid 70s or so) who we had visited this past week came up to me and started rattling off about how I looked like an angel. She's really eccentric and calls me Princesa or Cinderella :) LOL 

I pray that each of you look for the blessings that God so abundantly rains down upon us! I love y'all so much and hope this week treats you wonderfully!

Yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador y que mediante Su Expiacion, podemos llegar a ser limpios de nuestros pecados. Tenemos la mejor bendicion en todo el mundo! El Evangelio! Necesitamos compartirlo! 

Con Amor,
Hermana Draper 

PS: I found out that I am one of 5 Spanish Speaking Sisters in our ENTIRE Georgia Atlanta Mission of about 200 missionaries. 

Picture: Last P-Day we got to go to the temple! Hermana Ewell and I, and the other set of sisters who lives with us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment