New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Bet you wish you had sunsets like these...

Hey y'all!

This week went by faster than the others! So many wonderful people, delicious food, and of course, sharing the light of the Gospel. 

Zone Training was on Tuesday and it was just what I needed! The Spirit was so strong as we focused on having faith to find those who are searching for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We gained some new ideas on how to be more effective and pretty much how to just be better missionaries in general. Also had my second interview with my Mission President! President Foote has a heart of gold and so does Sister Foote. They are wonderful examples to me of true servants of the Lord and I love my "mom" hugs that Sister Foote gives since Mom is over in Utah.  

One thing I LOVED from Zone Training is the emphasis on who Christ is for you every day. The words JESUS CHRIST were written on the chalk board and we all brainstormed different titles associated with Christ. Some were: Son of God, Shepherd, Savior, Prince of Peace, Teacher, Lord of Hosts, Mediator, Emmanuel, Messiah, Example, Love of God, Light of the World, Great Counselor, Only Begotten Son, Redeemer, Master, Brother, and my favorite among all of them was FRIEND. Christ is our Friend. He is there for us every moment of every day. Not only when we are struggling and brings us to our knees or when life comes crashing down, but through the ups and the downs. Through all of it. He is the One who calms our troubled hearts, who wipes away our tears. Hit Atonement makes it possible for us to become clean from sin and have clean slates, second chances. I invite each of you to think about Christ's role in your life. Is he someone you only think about on Sunday or once a year at Christmas Service? Or is He someone who you know deeply, and are striving to have His image engraven on your countenance? I know He lives and loves each of you.

We had exchanges! Since the two sisters we live with are the Sister Training Leaders, it was pretty simple to "swap" companions for the day (that also means we'd be in the "english speaking" areas). I went with Sister Welch! We had quite the fun day walking through parks and contacting/meeting people and sharing the Gospel with them. Most of the time I would see a dog, run up, ask if I could pet it, and start playing with the dog while talking to the owner about Christ. It was quite the fun combo-two of my favorite things, dogs and the Gospel of Christ. At one point we were contacting potential investigators, who are people who they had previously met and might be interested in learning more about the Gospel. We knocked on this door and a cute Latina opened it. Sister Welch started talking and she looked so confused. "No english, no english." I instantly lit up and said "Habla espanol???" So I proceeded to talk with her and ended up setting an appointment for a later day to meet with her! I don't know 100% of what I was saying... or what she was saying... but I was talking and she was responding... thank you Gift of Tongues! 

Peeps, I am improving my cooking skills in the realm of Latino food. One of my favorite members named Gio taught me how to cook these fried rolled up taco things that are delicious and make my taste buds and stomach so happy :)

I love each and every one of you and pray that you are doing wonderful! I hope your families are healthy, safe, and happy! *HUGS*

CON AMOR,
Hermana Draper



Mosiah 14:3-6  A scripture from the Book of Mormon that paints the Atonement of Christ so beautifully. 

Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

All we, like sheep, have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquities of us all.
A Georgia Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment