New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Thursday, March 16, 2017

I'm wearing fleece lined tights in Georgia?

Family and Friends, 

Another week come and gone. And at the moment it is quite cold. This humidity thing makes the temp feel a lot worse than it does in Utah. It chills you to the bone. It's so weird. I can't believe I had to pull out my tights to keep my legs warm. 

For Preparation Day we went to... wait for it... THE AQUARIUM! I was in heaven among all the animals and learning more about them and their habitats. Basically a kid in a candy store. The ATL Aquarium is the only one that has WHALE SHARKS. Yes. I'm serious. Huge whale sharks in a tank. It was fabulous to see those huge bests swimming around and just enjoying life. We went to a dolphin show and I basically had a freak out moment as my favorite animals in the entire world splashed around and did flips in the air. Hey, along with all the missionary work you gotta let your kid side out right? 

We had ZONE CONFERENCE!! It was so wonderful to meet so many more missionaries in my area and learn more about how we can be better missionaries. President and Sister Foote are basically my parents away from home. They are constantly smiling and being examples of charity. We focused a lot on having the faith to find those who are searching for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

We had a touching lesson with Juan Carlos, who was recently baptized in December. We were talking about the blessings of the temple, one of them being baptisms for the dead. We set a date in two weeks to go with Juan to the temple! Juan had his dad's birth/death information and Sister Ewell was able to help him input the information into FamilySearch.org so that when we went to the temple in a couple weeks Juan would be able to be baptized for his dad. There was such a spirit of peace and joy in the room as we thought about the opportunity we were offering to Juan's dad on the other side in the spirit world. An opportunity to accept the ordinances done on his behalf. Because so many died without the knowledge of the Gospel of Christ, this gives EVERYONE a chance. God is fair. People aren't going to be condemned just because they didn't have the chance to learn of Christ here on this earth, they will have a chance to be taught the Gospel in the spirit world after they die. We have such an opportunity to serve them by doing those saving ordinances for them on their behalf!  

I pray you all are doing well and that your families are safe, healthy, and happy!

Usually I'd put my testimony in Spanish, but I figured I'd save you the Google Translate trip: I know that this Gospel is true. That Christ is our Savior and that through His Grace we can make it back to live with our Father in Heaven again with our families. There is such sweet peace this knowledge brings and I am so grateful for the countless blessings God continually pours down on us. 

Con Amor,
Hermana Draper


No comments:

Post a Comment