New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Monday, March 6, 2017

All is Well in Atlanta, Georgia

Familia y Amigos!

Oh how I love this work that I am about! I love the opportunity that I have to be here in Atlanta sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all that will hear this glad message. Even though I still trip over my own tongue with Spanish and I sometimes have no clue what people are saying, I know that the Spirit is constantly with us as we teach and helps carry the words unto the hearts of many. 

Just to give you a peek into my daily schedule, cuz I know a few of you are wondering what on earth I actually do all day :) We wake up at 6:30 am, go work out for 30 minutes and then have an hour and a half to get ready and eat breakfast. We have 30 minutes to plan out the day. From 9:00 am to 10:00 am we have personal study (scriptures and other Gospel resources) and then we have 30 minutes to an hour of companionship study. Thank goodness there is an hour in our schedule to study Spanish! We have another 30 minutes of a special "The First 12 Weeks" training for new missionaries that Hermana Ewell leads us through. Lunch for a half hour then the rest of the day is out and about Atlanta! We have teaching appointments or meetings. We go knock doors. Have meals at members houses and share spiritual thoughts. Service opportunities. Busy busy :) The day ends at 9:00 pm and then we head to bed between 9:30 pm - 10:30 pm. Sometimes conferences are thrown in. Every Monday is when we get to email and do things like laundry or grocery shopping. 

BTW: if you have any questions about what exactly I do, or what members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe, or anything at all, don't hesitate to shoot me an email :)

We went to go visit a less active member named Juana (same one I told you about last week). I love her to death. She sent us home with a couple containers of soup that we put in the back of our car. As we were arriving home, we noticed that one of the containers was broken... Yup. You can guess what happened next. I'm sitting in the passenger seat with creamy milk-white soup all over me and the seat with small chunks of corn. Looked like baby spit-up to give you a visual (cuz I'm nice like that :) ) It wasn't the most fun thing to clean up. 

A homeless guy showed up at church. That was interesting. So, he used to be blind and an Atheist. And have cancer. But now, he has regained his sight and the cancer has disappeared. So, where do those incredible experiences bring him to? A church. He thinks there might be some kind of God instead of the nothingness he used to believe in. It was touching to be able to testify to this man that THERE IS A GOD. And He is our Loving Heavenly Father and we are His children. That He sent us here to our earthly families to learn and to grow so that after this life we can return to live with Him again. 

Mini miracle! Tender mercies are all around us and happen each day, but one that comes to mind to share with you right now is what happened yesterday! Hermana Ewell and I were out knocking on doors and inviting all to come unto Christ. We also had the name and address of a person we were trying to find, so we decided to go find them. We arrived at the address and knocked on the door. A man opened the door. "Um... Esta Veronica?" (translation: Are you Veronica?) He shook his head and we proceeded to introduce ourselves as missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He smiled and said "Soy un miembro" (I'm a member). Well, come to find out, this gentleman had recently moved to Norcross, GA with his cute family a couple months ago (so evidently Veronica must have moved) and didn't have any idea where the church building was or what time church was at for the Spanish Branch. And then looky there, a couple sister missionaries showed up on his doorstep and were able to give him the Church address and meeting time. I love seeing the Lord's hand in all things. 

I love you all so much and hope this week was wonderful for y'all! Know that you are in my prayers. Constantly be sending up prayers of gratitude for all that God has blessed us with :)

Yo se que Jesucristo vive!

Con Amor,
Hermana Draper

Picture: A cool mural we found in Atlanta!


No comments:

Post a Comment