New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Monday, April 3, 2017

It doesn't snow, It "Pollens" (and covers everything in yellow pollen)

Familia y Amigos,

Can't believe it is April. Wowsers. Insane. I pray that everything is going for you and your families as we run headfirst into the Spring Season! 

So in case some of you saw, there was a bit of a hiccup on I-85 in Atlanta, Georgia with a bridge that decided to not stay in the air. I was in a meeting a few miles away and all of the other missionaries in the area were not affected by it besides added traffic and some internet complications. 

District Meeting was special. Elder Bay and Elder Hansen were the ones to teach and the week prior had called to ask me what I would like the training topic to be. I had said "A topic that will change my mission". They took that to heart and put on a training with the goal to "Change Sister Draper's Mission." Oh goodness, I have the best Elders in my district! They taught on Christ's Atonement and Do You Really Know Him? Some thought provoking questions that were asked, "What is the most important thing you've learned in life?" and "Who is someone you could help out?". Sidenote: check out Elder Bednar's Conference talk from 2016 If ye had known me. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/if-ye-had-known-me?lang=eng

We had a Chamblee Branch Baby Shower for a member named Lilzy! So much fun:) And Hna Ewell and I got roped into playing a weird balloon game where you stuck a balloon inbetween your heads and had to walk around and dance for as long as you could without it falling. Oh goodness I love Latinos. 

Transfers this week. I hated saying goodbye to the two Elders that were being moved to a different area, Elder Castillo and Elder Bay. So to soften the blow I made brownies. The new Elders that were added to our area are pretty cool though!

Met some wonderful seekers of the Gospel this week as we were out knocking doors and simply talking with everyone to share the good word! Excited to watch them grow in Christ and His message of hope. 

So. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we have two General Conferences a year, one being the 1st and 2nd of April! This is where members from all over the world tune in to hear the words of latter day prophets and apostles. It is basically like the Superbowl for Mormons, to give you a comparison :) It is broadcasted from SLC, UT to the 15,882,417 members worldwide! I loved hearing the mouthpieces of the Lord giving us guidance and direction in this crazy world. If you missed it, LDS.org has the recordings and will soon have PDFs of the talks. One of my FAVORITE talks was by Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He spoke on true discipleship. Genuine Discipleship is not just a list of characteristics that we strive to obtain or a checklist of activities to do, it is a state of BEING. Weave those Christlike attributes into your heart. We must continue to minister to whoever is in need, even if it is not convenient. We cannot be part-time disciples of Jesus Christ. He gave His life for us, we can do this to show our appreciation. 



I love you all dearly and pray for you,

Con Amor, 
Hermana Draper


PS Found Sarah Street :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment