New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Monday, May 22, 2017

Knock Knock... Who's there?... The Missionaries!.....*no answer* <---my life

Family and Friends,

Time is honestly starting to fly by. This week was SO packed and SO busy with appointments and teaching and talking with EVERYONE. I feel as if my cup is overflowing with the goodness of God. SO many tender mercies abound and I feel absolutely spoiled.  

ZONE CONFERENCE AT THE TEMPLE!!! I was able to do the temple work for my Grandma who passed away many years ago. Wow, it was so special to just let my thoughts rest on her and how I was able to do the work for a loved one. I thought about our mutual love for playing the piano and how I wish I could've heard her play. I'm told by my dad she was quite the talented pianist. The rest of zone conference was AWESOME TOO!! Applicable techniques we can take into the field and use to better enhance our missionary work! 

We have a cute little girl named Kimberlin (she's 10 years old) on date to be baptized the 8th of July! She is so much fun to teach :) 

Wednesday had 7 appointments one after the other. Holy cow it was so busy. BUT IT WAS SO GREAT. We saw so many members and less active members. Getting to strengthen Christ's church here on the earth is a marvelous opportunity. 

For all you to get to know just how WISE my companion, Hermana Barroso is, here is a quote from her.  "God stretches out His hand towards us, He doesn't limply wave it about and wait for us to catch it. Rather He stretches it forth and asks for us to clasp and hang tightly to it as He tries to hang tightly to us." ---> reference Jacob 6:4 "And how merciful is our God unto us, for he remembereth the house of Israel, both roots and branches; and he stretches forth his hands unto them all the day long; and they are a stiffnecked and a gainsaying people; but as many as will not harden their hearts shall be saved in the kingdom of God." Ya. Ella tiene mucha sabiduria. 

HEY FOLKS I BUILT A HOUSE!!!! 

well... I helped build a house. With like 20 other people. My main responsibility was to hang out 10 feet in the air on a ladder and nail up siding. Habitat for Humanity was building a house for a lady named Kellee and a lot of us missionaries got to take part Saturday! Oh, and since my name tag says Hermana Draper (Sister Draper) people thought my first name was Hermana. That was fun. And it was neat to wear jeans for a day instead of a skirt. 

How do you quite describe the blessed feeling you get when you find out that you were the answer to someone's prayer? 

 President Thomas S. Monson said:   “The sweetest experience I know in life is to feel a prompting and act upon it and later find out that it was the fulfillment of someone’s prayer or someone’s need. And I always want the Lord to know that if He needs an errand run, Tom Monson will run that errand for Him”


Sunday night, Hermana Barroso and I had an experience just like that. As we were out knocking doors, doing our best to open our mouths and share the word of Christ with those who are prepared and willing to hear, we both felt prompted to walk toward some certain apartment complexes. We head over and no one wants to talk to us or open the door. We go to the complex next to it, and same thing for most of the doors we knock on. Then a sweet older lady (her 60th birthday was Saturday) named Ann answered the door. She looked at us with a funny look on her face and tears came to her eyes as we said we were missionaries for Christ. We went into her living room and sat down as she plopped into a seat across from us. We talked for a while about how much God loves each of us and how she is trying to find the path that Christ wants her on. Ann shared that she had sent up a prayer asking for guidance and help from God. She wanted to figure things out with her life and follow Christ. A COUPLE MINUTES LATER, we knocked on her door as representatives of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Yup. Talk about a neat experience. And talk about how happy we were that we had followed the prompting when we felt urged to head toward some complexes. 

I pray for y'all and hope that your week has been PEACHY ;) 

In the words of Elder Jefferey Holland: "Hope on. Journey On."

Con Amor, 

Hermana Draper

PS: Ok, I have become a forgetful person. I finally bought a micro SD adapter at Walmart today and.... ya I forgot to bring it with me to the library to send y'all pictures. So, sorry, but THERE WILL BE PICTURES NEXT WEEK! 


Side note: When setting goals, think about what God's goal is for you. Moses 1:39

No comments:

Post a Comment