New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Monday, May 1, 2017

Sometimes I feel useless, then I remember I breathe out carbon dioxide for plants.

Fam and Friends,

The weather is currently doing this weird thing where it is pouring rain, but also at the same time super muggy and humid. And hot. Georgia. The weather and me have a love-hate relationship here. I never do my hair anymore, the humidity just makes it a poof ball anyway. Braids for dayzzz.

I hope all is well for each of you as we enter MAY!!! Holy guacamole, it's already May. That basically means its summer. I hope for my FFA folks, conventions are going AWESOME and you are livinit up in the blue jacket! For everyone finishing up finals or school, SI SE PUEDE!! You can do it :) Hang in there.  

We had Zone Training and President interviews Tuesday! Learned loads of great things and am excited to apply them to the work. I am so grateful for a mission president who is truly inspired of God and magnifies his calling. 

Language wise: I gave a talk in church. All in Spanish. People LAUGHED AT MY JOKES. That means, they understood me. SCORE. Honestly, it is hard going from fully being able to express myself and have fun speaking in front of large groups, to having a difficult time figuring out the words and it taking a while to get across my point. But through the strength of the Lord, weak things can be made strong unto us! Ether 12:27 reads "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." It doesn't matter where we are at on the path. The only thing that God cares about is which direction we are heading and if we are MOVING towards Him. The pace we go is not important. Just as in life, sometimes we are capable of flat-out sprints. Other times, baby steps with a railing to hold on to is all we can manage. Christ is there every step, no matter how minuscule or wobbly. And if needs be, He will carry us. 

We got to see Lily this week! She is so open to the Gospel and loves to learn. We are so PUMPED to continue teaching her and I am super excited for our lesson on Wednesday that will be about how much God loves us :) 

We had a lesson with the Ramirez family about the Plan of Salvation! The two oldest girls, Maria and Ashlee, now HAVE A BAPTISM DATE for the 13th of May!!! We are so excited for those beautiful girls to make covenants with their Father in Heaven and take upon themselves the name of Christ. 

My odd homemaking skills came into play and I baked a couple dozen cupcakes to take to members :) There is just something soothing to the soul about whipping up a batch of yummy, unhealthy goodness and seeing people you love enjoy them. 

Saturday brought a beautiful sealing of a precious family in our Branch. The Arangurens were baptized a little over a year ago and have continued faithfully ever since. The joy of watching their adorable family walk out of the temple was priceless. Seeing the joy written all over their countenances was inspiring. This Gospel unites families for eternity :)   

I love you all. Your prayers are felt. Sigue Adelante :) 

Con Amor, 

Hermana Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment