New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Monday, August 21, 2017

Total Eclipse of the Heart......

Hola Familia y Amigos!!

It's been another week here in Marietta, Georgia and boy has it been hot. I am eager for it to cool down. But I am doing great! 

Lots of lessons this week with wonderful people. We currently have three people we are teaching with the name Maria. It gets confusing. Sorry. 

Maria and the kiddos are doing great :) I brought cupcakes to the last lesson and they paid great attention ;) Maria is learning very fast and has constantly has great questions!

Maria is sharing the Book of Mormon with her friends and it is so neat to watch her grow! 

We had a neat lesson with Maria this week and hopefully she can come to church next week. 

Yadif. He is a hoot and a holler. So much fun to teach this 10 year old. And he has been coming to church regularly!!! That one loves soccer. A lot. 

One of my new favorite members Lolita came with us to teach Lizbeth, RIcky, and Linzy. We reviewed the Restoration and Lolita is an All star in lessons. 

More lessons with some new investigators that went well and I am looking forward to watching them progress next week! I'll tell you more about em next week!

We did a lot of service with some new friends from the Dominican Republic and put bananas in grocery bags for a food drive! Plus got a tshirt. Service don't count unless you get a tshirt to prove you did it. Jk. Jk. 

Well, we moved apartments. From one side of our complex to the other side. I bribed the Elders with pancakes to come helps us out at 8:00 in the morning on Saturday. They were champs and walked beds, dressers across the parking lot. 

We had a cool activity in Downtown ATL, we took pages from the Book of Mormon and had people highlight every reference to God or Jesus Christ. We had lots of interesting and touching conversations as we shared with people Another Testament of Jesus Christ. All the other missionaries in my zone were there as well!! 

Jonathan got his temple recommend Sunday!!! And he passed the Sacrament during Sacrament Meeting. Probably one of the most special moments of my mission when he switched positions so he would be the one to pass it to me as I was seated at the organ. I don't know how to express the feeling I had. Having witnessed how much he has changed and grown in the Lord. Oh my goodness, the light in his eyes. I feel overwhelmed by the love our Savior has for each one of us and that we have the opportunity to change each day and improve. We can keep trying, keep growing, keep learning. All thanks to the Atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

So pumped to go with Jony to the temple on Saturday! We also have some branch members coming as well to make a good trip out of it :)

Right now we are at Hno Montenegros! The Eclipse/Event of the Century is happening at the moment. Thank goodness my parents sent my companion and I the special glasses, because EVERYWHERE was sold out. It is a pretty funny thing to see Jonathan and Juan Carlos looking up at the sun with the glasses. 

Well, I have an eclipse to go watch. 

No one go blind. Please. 

Con Amor,

Hermana Draper


PS:  Jonathan dice: estoy mirando el eclipse com las hermana draper y con la hermana de la rosa y ella son las dos mujeres mas buenas que yo he conocido en mi vida y an sido una bendicion para mi y ustedes an tenido la bendicion de crecer con la hermana draper y ojala ella se case y tenga muchos hijos y que no se olvide de mi esas son las dos cosas que mas quiero en esta vida  


No comments:

Post a Comment