New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

I can't think of anything to put here....

Familia y Amigos,

Hmmm... if any one has tips on dying hair please let me know. We are experimenting on Hna De La Rosa's hair... Ya probably not the smartest idea to have me do it but... salons are expensive! Prayers needed

What a week! Lots of running all over Marietta and Mableton area and enjoying every minute :) 

Families are so important and Edith loved that we focus so much on them! We shared with her the Family: A Proclamation to the World and she agreed on every point! We are so excited to go back to teach her the Plan of Salvation and we have Sister Smith who is a doll to go as the team up with us :) 

Maria and the kiddos :) I just love them. So much. And they came to sports night!! Isaee ran up to me as they walked in (I was goalie at the time) and jumped up and wrapped his arms around my neck and wrapped his legs around my waist to give me his signature hug attack :) Cutest little kid ever and thought he was going to get hit by the soccer ball that came flying at us. But thankfully my blocking skills are slowing improving. 

ZONE CONFERENCE!! Learned amongst many of my fellow missionaries and got to see friends that have since moved to other areas! The coolest part is when we sorta re-enacted a Book of Mormon story when they buried the weapons of war. We wrote down what is holding us back from being more consecrated missionaries on a piece of paper that had a picture of a sword on it. I wrote impatience. Lol. Whoever knows me knows that I am a very impatient person and I like to see things happening fast. But I know that God's timing is the best timing and in that I must trust. So I wrote that down and a couple other things and we went outside and buried all our papers in a hole. It was neat :) 

Maria (the Maria who has a baptismal date) was feeling a little worried about some immigration issues, her working visa will expire in January so she is struggling to figure out what to do. The Elders came by to give her a blessing of comfort and the Spirit was strong! Everyone was either sniffling or crying. After they left, we talked to Maria and she is now getting baptized (fingers crossed and praying hard) October 7th! It is making us run to get in the rest of the lessons, but we feel that it is right! She really needs the help and guidance that comes from having the gift of the Holy Ghost! 

We had Women's Conference in Brockett! Maria drove us over to help us save on miles :) We love that lady so much :) Women's Conference was inspiring and so beautiful! The Atlanta Stake put on a nice night of soup and musical numbers. I loved seeing a few people from Chamblee!! Lots of hugs :) 

We brought Lolita to teach Aracely about patriarchal blessings and she really wants one! Aracely is doing well progressing through the 12 steps of overcoming addictions. She even came to church for Sacrament Meeting!!!

The Primary kids are now getting used to treats and being bribed. But they still do what I say ;) Yesterday was double chocolate cookies and a bag of carrots to give their mothers peace of mind. 

Special moment last night and evidence that God works in His wonderful ways. Our appointment with Maria canceled since she was at a baby shower so we went instead to visit Nancy, a less active member in the same area. Lolita was with us and we crossed paths with Nancy as she was walking inside to the apartment from her car. The lesson we had with her was so full of the Spirit. We read and discussed a chapter in the Book of Mormon and she expressed her feelings. She said that she has been feeling empty lately and she knows it is because she isn't doing things right. She told us that she loved having us there because she could feel the sweet stirrings of the Spirit again. Lolita shared with her about a time in her life when she went less active and what helped her come back to church. Exactly what Nancy needed :) God is mindful of His children, I testify of that.

Today, there were plans to go to the zoo. Then that didn't happen. Sooo... we went to hobby lobby and found posters with lions. 

I love you all and hope life is unfolding beautifully for each of you. That you are looking in each day for the ways God has manifested Himself to you and shown you that He is mindful of you :) I am blessed beyond measure to be out here in the Peach State and can't wait to see what miracles this week holds :) 

Con Amor, 

Hermana Draper


No comments:

Post a Comment