New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Monday, October 2, 2017

Bubble Soccer + Me = a good ole time

Buenas Tardes Amigos y Familia!

At this precise moment in time my neck is a little sore from.... BUBBLE SOCCER!! Yup, you better believe it, Brother Pettita offered to come and provide Bubble Soccer for our Zone P-day and whalooaaa it happened after a few changed dates due to that random hurricane a bit ago. It was a hoot! Loved being with all the crazy missionaries in the ATL area. *also, one of the photos attached is pretty cool because I am sideways touching the ball with my feet... that explanation doesn't make sense so just scroll down and look at the picture.  

So this week was one of those didn't-plan-in-lunch-time-because-we-were-so-busy weeks and boy I LOVED IT. Lots of lessons, wonderful people, and of course... la comida latina ;) The way to my heart as everyone knows... through my stomach. 

Update from last P-day: Sister De La Rosa's hair turned out fine!! Prayers were answered and the dye didn't fail us. 

In the same trailer park we met Iris and Sara. Iris is a mom of 2 cute kiddos and from Honduras. Sara is from Mexico and has had a very rough life. The lessons we have had with each of them have brought me near to tears as we talk to them about the plan our loving Heavenly Father has for each of us. When we asked Sara to say the closing prayer in our second lesson she looked at us and said ok, proceeded to give a simple prayer and afterwards told us "I've never prayed before. That was the first time." Beautiful moment. 

Exchanges with the Atlanta Sisters! Always a fun time. I went with Sister Richman and Sister Collings, two sisters that I adore!!! I served with Sister Collings in my last zone, so you can say that we were pretty happy to see each other again :) We taught these two hilarious older black ladies that made my heart so happy. Christine had these HUGE white glasses, navy pantsuit and cute lil red flats. Adorable and such a southern lady :)  Also served for a minute at the Food Bank! I am slowly improving at the speed in which I can find the expiration date on an item of food. #ResumeSkills.

Maria is getting baptized in 2 weeks!! We can't wait!! It got pushed back a week due to some appointments of hers that had to be moved from this last week to this week. But she is loving every lesson! We brought a member from the Branch the last two lessons about the commandments and they went wonderfully! Maria came and watched conference at the house of a different member too! It's happening with her and I love her soooo much :) She makes me laugh and she cooks the BEST food :) 

I have started teaching piano lessons to Ashley, a cute lil member in the Branch. She's learning so stinking fast!! And she practices. Why am I so lucky? 

Our investigator family didn't show up to the Family Home Evening we had planned at a member's home, but that's alright. We did the activity anyway and had a ball! We did a scripture scavenger hunt after the lesson and the kids went wild running around trying to figure out the scripture hints. Cookies were the end prize :) 

General Conference. Can we just say that pretty much every talk was inspired and perfect? I LOVED how many talks were on the Plan of Salvation and how we are where we are for a purpose. I forgot my notes that I took, so I'll sure some thoughts I had next week. 

I love you all dearly and pray that you all are enjoying fall :) Keep searching for ways to help those around you and shining Christ's light :) 

Con Amor,
Hermana Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment