New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Monday, October 30, 2017

There was frost on our windshield this morning... YAAAAAA!!!!

Happy Halloween Tomorrow!!!

Gotta love the cooling temperatures and all the pumpkins that are scattered across front yards left and right. Such a blessed time of year with the changing colors of fall! 

To all my FFA pals: I HOPE CONVENTION WAS AWESOME!!  #ForeverBlue

Guess who is back with me. HERMANA BARROSO!! MY STAR WARS BUDDY AND LOVER OF ALL THINGS ARTSY. AHHHHHHHHHH!!! If you can't tell, I will put it like this: I am happy to have Sister B as my companion again :) Funny though how we are having to learn how the other teaches and works again after not being together for 4 and a half months! I love that girl so much!!!!

We read with Iris in the Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 31 to talk about the Gospel of Christ and it went so well! We are just to the point where she really needs to ask God to know if it is true or not. 

Maria and the kiddos are as crazy loving as ever and we got to talk with them about service and being nice to each other lol. With 3 boys between the ages of 6-9 it can get a little rough :) I love listening to their prayers as we start and finish lessons because they are so simple and pure. Children opening their hearts to their Father in Heaven. 

Jony got his patriarchal blessing on Saturday!!! He told us that is was the sweetest, most special experience learning a little bit more about the potential he has and God's divine plan for him. He is growing so much!! OH! AND HE GAVE A POWERHOUSE TALK IN SACRAMENT MEETING. That's my recent convert :)

I think I may be getting my hopes up super duper high for this adorable family that we met, but I can't help it. We met Madai knocking doors and when she opened the door she looked at me, saw I was white, and tried to say Hello. I heard her whisper something in Spanish to the little 2 year old she was holding, so I slipped straight into Spanish to introduce myself and Sister De La Rosa. Big smile :) She let us in and we shared a brief message about the love God perfectly has for each of His children. We went back this Monday night and her husband, Daniel was home too! He works in construction and it rained that day, so he was home. We ended up being late to our next appointment, but I wanted to take advantage of Daniel sitting in on the lesson!!! We talked about the Plan of Salvation and they both accepted us to come back Wednesday night at 8 pmwhich is when Daniel gets home from work. We brought along a member that I ADORE Hna. Araya and we taught the Restoration. Solid. So perfect. They both committed to read in the Book of Mormon between our next lesson and we will go back to teach them tomorrow!! I have so much hope for them, they are so loving to their little boy and I just want to see them come unto Christ SO BAD!!

Church turned out interesting! In a good way. Ana, a less active (the same one who taught me to make tortillas) brought a family to church! But... they don't really speak Spanish... So... we asked them if they wanted to go to the English congregation the next time with the English sisters but they said they wanted to practice their Spanish.... so... we are meeting with them Wednesday :) The Primary is practicing so hard for the program in 2 weeks!! Which means I bring brownies or cookies every week to keep them behaving. 

Maria got her temple recommend and we are headed to the Atlanta Temple this weekend!!! And Thursday for Zone Conference... It's gonna be two times in one week!!!!! Can't wait to be within La Casa del Senor once again :) 

No puedo expresar muy bien el amor que pudeo sentir por mi Senor. El es my roca y confio en El con todo mi corazon. El me conoce y me ayuda en todo momento. Que grandes noticias!!! Podemos tener esperanza en El y con Su fuerza podemos vencer el mundo. Sigue adelante :)
 
Con Amor,
Hermana Draper

PIC: We are missing a few of em, but here is a majority of the Spanish missionaries in the Atlanta Mission!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment