New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Monday, October 23, 2017

No be lazy gringa!! Hagas las tortillas a mano!!

HEYYY!!!!

Spanglish translation of the subject line: Don't be a lazy white girl, ya gotta make them tortillas by hand. 

Ya. So I learned how to make tortillas by hand. By two different ladies from Honduras. One was when we stopped by to teach Iris and she was busy making a HUGE batch of tortillas, so we stayed to help her finish and then read with her in the Book of Mormon. Iris can make about 5 tortillas in the time I can flatten out one. Ayy. But hey, when I made them again with Ana on Saturday I was faster and could make 1 in the time she did 3! Improvement people. That's all that matters. 

We had a couple lessons with Maria :) Oh she is doing so well and growing so wonderfully in the Gospel! Everything just makes sense to her and gosh oh goodness it's a blessing to behold. She is feeling the spirit so much and has noticed a difference in her life! There is such a peaceful light in her eyes since her baptism. 

Oh! Peeps. We had a miracle with Aracely!! So we taught her Tuesday and left her with 3 chapters in the Book of Mormon to read (SHE left herself with 3 chapters to read, we were thinking like 1 since we would be seeing her the very next day). Went back Wednesday.... SHE READ 4 CHAPTERS??!!!! WHAT THE WHAT??? She said, " I like to put it on the voice thing and listen to it so I can imagine it better!!" She loves the stories :) Coming unto Christ step by step :) We are praying she will get baptized as planned in December!

Met the sweetest member family who moved into the area about 4 months ago.. but we were barely given the address last Sunday. We stopped by the address and met Kiara and Angel from Puerto Rico!! Such a cute little family with two kids (Aloyanne immediately sat next to me and cuddled up to my side). They are trying to figure out how to come to church since they have been working Sundays since they moved here. They want to come so bad!! God will provide a way :) 

Remember my friend who got baptized a little bit ago in a different state?? GUESS WHO FLEW OUT OF THE ATL AIRPORT AND GOT TO COME VISIT ME????? HER!!!! My mission president approved the visit and I got to teach her one of the new member lessons!!! Best hour ever!!! So much fun to see her and a gift to see the change in her countenance in person. Wow, the miracles that happen in the field. 

FRIDAY WAS OUR BOOK OF MORMON ACTIVITY NIGHT!!! All the hours of set-up and planning and brain storming came together in to a laughter and smile filled evening with our Spanish members!! The English wards were invited too, but they were lame and didn't realize what they were missing out on, only 2 families came from their side. From our branch lots of members came!!! 3/4 of the Branch!!!  Spanish for the win :) Pics attached to enjoy :)

Sunday... uhh... friends... Sister De La Rosa and I did a musical number in Sacrament Meeting. As those of you who know me well and have maybe heard me sing in the car  know that I don't sing. Hence why I play the piano. But. Sister De La Rosa asked and I had to do what she begged since she's leaving on Wednesday to a different area. So... friends. I played the piano to accompany Sister De La Rosa singing... and... I sang too. Elder Wheatley held the mic next to me since I don't have the lung capacity to sing without one. Se Hara Senor Tu Voluntad --- Thy Will Be Done Lord. It's from the 2017 LDS Youth Theme. The Spanish version is so much prettier than the English one. Or that's just my ears and I like the flow of Spanish now and think English sounds ugly.  I survived! And my voice didn't crack. Success. Though, never want to do that again. I will just stick with my piano. 

So I am staying in Cunningham and also staying a Sister Training Leader! I enjoy getting to know the sisters better as an STL so I am happy to continue serving in that capacity. Sister De La Rosa is headed out :( Gonna miss that sister but excited for my new comp that I will get on Wednesday!!!

I loved this quote that was shared recently by my mission president and felt I needed to pass it along the line :)

A Yearning for Home --- Pres Uchtdorf "God knows your every thought, your sorrows, and your greatest hopes. God knows the many times you have sought Him. The many times you have felt limitless joy. The many times you have wept in loneliness. The many times you have felt helpless, confused, or angry. Yet, no matter your history—if you have faltered, failed, feel broken, bitter, betrayed, or beaten—know that you are not alone. God still calls to you...When you walk the path of discipleship—when you move toward Heavenly Father—there is something within you that will confirm that you have heard the call of the Savior and set your heart toward the light. It will tell you that you are on the right path and that you are returning home….Turn your soul toward the light. Begin your own wonderful journey home. As you do so, your life will be better, happier, and more purposeful."

I'm not the best with words and I can't express my love of the Lord as eloquently as some. But I  know without a shadow of a doubt that we have a loving Father in Heaven who is mindful of us and we have a Savior who is with us through the highs and lows. 

Con Amor y Muchos Abrazos,
Hermana Draper

Pics from the activity and a random door we knocked that shared my birthday evidently... they didn't answer the door though, so we couldn't celebrate together... triste...





No comments:

Post a Comment