New and Peachy

Thanksgiving is coming but nobody cares...

Hola Familia, Amigos y Cualquier Otra Persona que lea este Email, We went into Walmart today and I couldn't quite determine the emo...

Saturday, January 28, 2017

I am waiting for when I start dreaming in Spanish....

Familia y Amigos,

In case you were wondering, I am alive and have not turned into an ice cube in this freezing/snowy weather of Provo, Utah. Yet. My companions and I run to and from class trying to get out of the cold as fast as possible. Occasionally there are some baby rays of sunshine and it literally brightens our day. On our walk around the temple, it was snowing so much and my feet practically froze. But--- I am grateful for the change of scenery and the missionaries in my Zone. I am truly blessed. Even though the weather is cold, my heart is warm. Yup, cheesy but true. 

This past week flew by SO FAST. 

Spanish and the Gospel fill my days and I couldn't be happier!

We had the opportunity to host again! Everyone in our zone was really jealous we had this chance not only once, but twice! I spent the entire block of hosting time with Sister Aguidar from Guatemala. She has great English, though we stuck mostly to Spanish so she could help me practice. I helped her find her way around the travel office, missionary assistance office, and MTC health clinic. We even got to leave campus to go over to the BYU Health Clinic for Sister Aguidar to get an X ray. It was seriously a trip across the street, but hey, the tiny trips matter. 

On Wednesday, we had a World Wide Broadcast from the Church Headquarters in Salt Lake City that was for all missionaries around the entire globe. We were instructed on how to better spread the good news of the Gospel through relying on the Holy Ghost as the primary teacher; the Holy Ghost comforts, testifies, purifies, and teaches. The best way to teach others about the Doctrine of Christ is to be living it yourself in your daily life. The training was edifying and uplifting as we continue to work toward being worthy vessels for the Lord and delivering the powerful message unto the hearts of those searching for truth. I loved how we were also counseled to not only make these habits in the field, but to also carry them over into the rest of our lives. Some of the most influential missionary work we'll do will be after we have taken off our name tag and gone home. At the end there were a few changes to the missionary schedule, one of which was that the time we retire for bed was moved from 10:30 pm to an option of 9:30 pm... MORE SLEEP!!! Ya, you could say we were all pretty stoked. 

I just asked my companions if anything out of the ordinary and funny happened to us this past week. Hermana Esplin shared: "Well, I did hit my head on the bunk bed and got a goose egg." There you have it. :)

I pray that each of you are counting your blessings each day, because God truly does shower us with blessings as we seek to do His will! Don't be afraid to speak of His Son, whatever the result might be. I love you all! Keep the faith!

Con Amor, 

Hermana Draper

Yo Se Que Mi Salvador Vive y Nos Ama!


Picture: My companions and I on our one day we get to wear pants... and it's snowing... I don't know what kind of facial expression we were going for...


No comments:

Post a Comment